This Fall, spend Friday mid-mornings enjoying the outdoors with your Wild Thing in a fun and structured setting.
We start our time together with a good story, a short lesson and a craft, which guide our learning as we venture outside to play games and explore the natural world around us. Topics include seasons, local critters and habitats that can be found in our park and maybe your own backyard!
This 6-Class Session of Wild Things meets for one hour every-other Friday at 11:00 am on the following dates:
- September 21
- October 5
- October 19
- November 2
- November 16
- November 30
Purchase tickets and register your preschooler(s) below!
- Receive a discount when you register more than one preschooler using coupon code KIDS
- Bringing children outside the 2-5 yr age range? Great! See ticket options below to help us accommodate your little- or big- kid.
- A member discount of 20% will be applied automatically for all logged-in members. Not a member? Learn more.
- Pay online or at the Nature Center when you arrive.
This day or time doesn’t work for you? See other options here.
Reach out to Holly, the program coordinator, with any questions at email@example.com
Join us for a 24-Hour BioBlitz at Pine Valley Park.
Welcome to our Park:
Pine Valley is an 80 acre park owned by the Town of Manchester. Though relatively small in area, this Northern Carroll County park boasts a large variety of microhabitats including:
- mixed hardwood and pine forests
- large and small streams
- a pond
- natural springs and seepage zones
- mowed fields
This area has never been biologically surveyed; we need you to share your expertise and help us catalogue our flora and
- The event begins Friday, August 10th at 5:00 pm and continues until 5:00 pm Saturday, August 11th.
- Tent camping and other accommodations available for those specialists who require an overnight stay.
- Volunteers and naturalists will host nature walks, open to the public, Saturday afternoon between roughly 12:00pm and 4:00pm.
- We plan to close our event with a public celebration to begin at 5:00 pm Saturday, which you are welcome to join.
We require all participants to register. This allows us to plan accordingly and communicate relevant and timely event information to be sure we are all prepared for a successful BioBlitz. You can find the link to register below.
Charlotte’s Quest looks forward to a successful BioBlitz. Please contact Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.